- EACH ONE HELP ONE, a GCO Project pioneered by John Ndow:The Each One Help One Project is a Gambia Christians Organization (GCO) of Atlanta project aimed at helping schools and students in The Gambia, West Africa.Education is the key that opens the door out of poverty. There is an urgent need to help these students that are at a great disadvantage in their formative stages of life. It is GCO’s mission, through this project, to bridge the gap and furnish as many schools with the tools needed for students to be prepared for the complex world they will have to navigate.GCO would like to thank all who made it possible to gather and ship all the books, school supplies and book bags to the Gambia in 2017. Special thanks to Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School, Queen of Angels Catholic School and all our sponsors/donors for their generous donations. The schools that benefited from this donation were Anne Marie Javouhey
Academy and Mary Mother of God Parish in The Gambia.
GCO sent another shipment of books, uniforms and clothing for the village of Kuntaur, the Gambia in November 2017 to benefit students who were victims of the devastating floods during this summer of 2017.
The goal of this project in 2018 is to create a computer lab in a school, in addition to books & school supplies that we will continue to send out. Over 80% of schools in The Gambia do not have a computer lab, placing students at a great disadvantage in this advanced technological world.
GCO’s Each One Help One is appealing to you, your family and friends for a donation of at least $30.00 to help achieve our goal of putting at least one computer lab in a school in The Gambia and also to assist schools and students with books, schools supplies and other necessities that will enhance their educational experience. As a group, we aspire to answer to our Lord’s call “what so ever you do to the least of my brothers & sisters that you do on to me” (Matt 25:40).
We thank you in advance for your generous donation and together we will help students and Educators achieve their full potential for a brighter future. God bless. —— John J. Ndow (Project Coordinator)
- CHURCH BUILDING PROJECT IN MANDUARR, The Gambia, West Africa.
Manduarr is a village in the outskirts of Brikama. The Catholic Community has been rapidly growing, and there is a desperate need for a place of Worship. They are currently using a classroom for Sunday Mass celebration which they are outgrowing.
A local family donated land to be used for building the Church. The youths have been busy holding special fundraising events and collecting contribution from family members. The community requested for assistance from Fr. Edu, who was then overseeing this outstation as Parish Priest of Brikama. Fr. Edward solicited donations for this project from The Gambia Christians Organization of Atlanta (GCO), and we are pleased to assist toward the Church building shown below:
- FUNDED THE 6TH OPEN AIR PRODUCTION OF THE PASSION OF CHRIST 2016 held at St. Therese Lower Basic School, The Gambia, organized by the Gambia Pastoral Institute (GPI).
- REBUILDING OF THE GAMBIA JUNIOR SEMINARY in Lamin, The Gambia destroyed by fire.
- SCHOLARSHIP FOR STUDENTS IN THE GAMBIA
Scholarship Partnership established in 2014 between Gambia Christians Organization of Atlanta and the Knights of Saints Peter and Paul in the Gambia, West Africa. The scholarship is given out yearly and it is administered on GCO’s behalf by the Knights and given to needy & deserving students in Gambian Schools.
- SPIRITAN FATHERS HEADQUARTERS BUILDING PROJECT IN THE GAMBIA
Donated towards the building project of the Congregation of the Holy Spirit headquarters in Bakau, The Gambia. The construction of a center to coordinate & animate their mission & missionary activities. GCO’s way of giving back to the Missionary Congregation that gave so
much to humanity in the Gambia. We appreciate your service and may our Lord continue to bless you as you labor in His Vineyard.
- GCO ANNUAL CLOTHING DRIVE
GCO organizes a very successful annual clothing drive in which clothes, shoes, household items etc… are collected, sorted and shipped to the Gambia for distribution to needy families. We have recently partnered with AGERA and other Atlanta Organizations in a clothing drive & monetary donation for the flood victims of Kuntaur, The Gambia in Sept 2017.
- Donation made to the Diocese of The Gambia to assist with the care of its Senior Seminarians in Ghana, West Africa.
- Contributed towards the furniture update of the Bishop of Banjul’s residence.
- Contributed towards water filter purchased for the village of Darsilami, The Gambia, West Africa.
- Contributed towards the shipping of amplifier donated to the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Assumption, Banjul, The Gambia.
- Participated in Can Food Drive for Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish, Atlanta, GA.
- Donated to the annual Easter Kite Flying Festival of the Diocese of Banjul, the Gambia.
- Sponsored the National Youth Group of the Diocese of The Gambia.
- Donations to families to assist with community bereavement when needed.
- Annual donations given by GCO to the following organizations to help with their organizational activities:
- Atlanta Gambia Emergency Relief Association (AGERA)
- Gambia Christian Peoples Organization – Washington DC
- Gambia Christians Organization – Dallas, TX
- Gambia Family Association, Atlanta, GA
- All About The Kids Foundation, Atlanta, GA
- Pan African Catholic Organization of Atlanta (PACOA)